Sunday 29 June 2014

Something extra in this Ramadan?



What is the remedy for all the bad that has been happening in Pakistan? What can we 'as the agents of the Pakistani Nation' do about it? And, does 'whatever we do' have to be enormous?
These questions were constantly roaming around the congested blocks of my mind for many days. And, I couldn't possibly think of a large-scale solution that could be implemented to get Pakistan and it's people out of their puzzles and miseries. But, due to my weakness of going to the very end of every thought and notion, I came up with something that we can adapt in our own individual selves, just in the name of trying to do something for the good of all. And, this idea that I came up with doesn't take something that can be qualified as "big", but according to my assumptions and perceptions, it's consequences do have the potential to be positively gigantic. (Don't mind me not telling you that the weakness does act as a 'blessing in disguise' at times). 

Love and do so without a halt. Love every particle of earth that comes inside the geographical constraints of Pakistan. Love every element of the national air that keeps us alive and swinging. Love the past, keeping in mind that it's gone. Love the present, with the surety that nobody can take it from you. Love the future, with the ambition that you have to make it bright. And, most of all.. Love the people who live around you. Because they are the ones with whom you belong. Because they are called Pakistani as you. Because you are from the same land. And, for us Pakistan is not just a piece of land.. It's our country, and it's people are our people. And we're responsible to help each other when it's time. 
This is what has been lacking in ourselves: The ability to love and help each other. And, the day it gets reinforced in our systems, will be the day for us to retrieve the dexterity of our greatness. 

So, in this Ramadan, I'm going to try helping as many needy Pakistanis in any way I can, along with following the fasting and praying routine. This is going to be my personal effort and it may not really count. But if we all do this unanimously, the aftermath can be considerable. What you have to do isn't enormous, but it's effects will be. 

Pray for me and my family. I will pray for you all. Ramadan Mubarik. Mazel Tov.

Hi There! Creative Commons License
Thoughts Deciphered into Words by Raja Abdar-Rahman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment